2.10.2010

::: 13.1 :::


So I did it!!
My first 1/2 Marathon... Surf City Huntington Beach 1/2 Marathon...
Something I've always wanted to do, but never really have had the time or the nice weather to train.  Moving to California I knew I had to complete one of the things on my '30 things to do before I'm 30' list and I had to 2 people who inspired me to do so.  First off I couldn't use the excuse of bad weather and hating to run on a treadmill since it is always (mostly) sunny.  Also, last year one of my students mothers found a tumor in her brain.  She was a runner.  I always admire runners, but she much more than a runner.  When I found out she was going to have to have surgery and therapy I knew she would get back into running as soon as she could.  Sure enough I would see on Facebook she was out running 10 miles or 6 miles.  And I knew if she could overcome all that she has been through and keep running.  I could sure run.  She has just inspired me in more ways than I think she will ever know.  Lastly, my cousin, Amy, I have always always looked up to her... She is one of the most amazing people I know.  Growing up I always wanted to be like her. She is a runner too.  So I had to be a runner too, right? Ok maybe not, but she encouraged me, believed in me, and ran across the start line with me. There is not another person I would have wanted with me at the start of the race as I was standing there so nervous... She stood there told me it was all going to ok.  She was right... like always. Thank you, Amy!
I had so much fun and as crazy as it sounds can't wait for another one.  I had a goal of finishing in 2 hours and 20 minutes... I CRUSHED that time.... 2 hours and 3 minutes!  My next goal under 2 hours.  Just a few pictures... Enjoy!  xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment