5.13.2012

::26.2::

*Warning extremely long*

First and foremost

Happy Mother’s Day

to all the mom’s out there!

Especially,

my mom and my mother-in-law!

We are so blessed to have you

both

in our lives.

exactly 7 days ago

Brett & I ran

26.2 miles

{plus bobbing and weaving}

a week later it seems like

a lifetime ago.

I was very nervous

the whole week before.

luckily I had fun things to keep me

entertained.

{more about those later}

everything laid out

photo(109)

in bed by 8:30p.m.

wake up call alarm was set for

3:28a.m.

the alarm went off and my heart

was bounding out of my

chest!

I choked down pb toast.

IMG_1716

and we we’re off to the start!

honestly at this point

I was f.r.e.a.k.i.n.g out

but I kept my cool.

I we was going to do it!

26.2 miles

photo(110)

it’s way too early to run

when it’s dark out!

ready or not

about 20 minutes later

we were off.

fast forward

7.5 miles

OC Marathon2

only 18.7 miles to go…

fast forward

4 hours & 13 minutes

{for brett}

4 hours & 16 minutes

{for me}

and that is when we crossed

the finish line.

OC Marathon

one of the best things about the whole thing

was running along side my best friend.

while we didn’t cross the finish line together.

we ran 25 miles together.

and I wouldn’t change the for the world.

another amazing thing:

having my mom

photo(111)

and the brinks

photo(112)

at the finish.

I still have so many

thoughts.

feelings.

and

emotions.

about the marathon.

{I hope to share at sometime!}

but for now

the hubster & I

joined

the.marathon.club.

photo(113)

sig2

No comments:

Post a Comment